Celebration assemblies are all about celebrating all the good learning that has happened in the schools over the past term.
Towards the end of each term, the staff come together and decide upon one child who is the Star Learner within each area of learning, demonstrating excellent attitudes to learning in each of the following areas:
Mrs Zeil also chooses one child who has shown over and above attitudes to learning.
At the celebration assembly the staff share with the children and the parents why this child has been chosen to receive an award for this area of learning. The children receive a certificate that is displayed in the foyer of the school and a voucher to spend.
Certificates celebrating attendance, sporting achievements/ participation and any other areas that should be celebrated are also awarded at the assembly.
Autumn Term 2021
Congratulations to the following 'star learner' pupils; showing excellent attitudes to learning in each of the following subjects for the Autumn term.
Star Learners at Wormegay are:
- PE - Mercy - for all round effort and sportsmanship.
- Maths - Sam - for consistently progressing throughout the term.
- English - Oscar - Fantastic progress in phonics.
- Science - Oliver - for an enthusiastic love of learning in science.
- Home Learning - Ruby G - reading and completing her homework every week.
- Foundation Subjects - Monty - for an enthusiastic love of learning.
- Computing - Aron - great understanding and application during the coding topic.
- Above and beyond attitude to learning - Mercy - for always trying her best in every lesson and for being polite, kind and a valued member of the school.
Star Learners at Runcton Holme are:
- PE - Cassie - Developing her putting and chipping skills and control of aim during Tri-golf.
- Maths - Kelsie - for enthusiasm and determination in all aspects of Mathematics and in particular in Problem Solving
- English - Archie - for his excellent determination in all aspects of English lessons resulting in great progress.
- Science - Jack W - for his willingness to research and find the answers to questions
- Home Learning - Lacey B - For always completing any home learning as well as embracing additional challenges
- Foundation Subjects - Kieran - for his hard work and enthusiasm in History this term.
- Computing - Lacey B - Improving her online communication skills through the use of emailing and teams within school and at home.
- Above and beyond attitude to learning - Dexter - for making outstanding progress across a wide range of subject areas due to his determination and resilience.
We hope you enjoy spending your voucher, we would love to hear what you bought.
Our next celebration assemblies are:
Wormegay – TBC
Runcton Holme – TBC
Please come and join us in celebrating our children’s learning!