Being a church school is important to us and Christian values underpin all that we do within both our learning and play. Being a caring, inclusive family, that believes in creativity and challenge in our learning whilst being inspiring and respectful to others is of high importance to all at our schools. We are Learning Together for Life.
Our tagline ‘Learning Together for Life’ fully encompasses what we are striving to achieve - John 10:10 ‘life in all its fullness’. We aim to equip our learners with the knowledge, creativity and skills they need for life, enabling them to aspire to be the best they can be, celebrating all successes. We aim to demonstrate respect for all members of our community, as role models of God’s love for us – love one another as I have loved you, so you must love one another (John 13: 34)
- School always wants us to do our best – to push ourselves a bit further, teachers help us to reach our next goal. – Jesus’s life was one big challenge – he always met those challenges – even dying on the cross.
- We show respect for one another and for the adults in the school. We talk nicely to one another and treat each other with kindness as Jesus taught us to treat others, as we would want to be treated Luke 6:31.
- We like to use our imagination; to sing, dance, paint, draw, play instruments, write stories, pretend to be other people and perform to audiences. – there are many ways to praise God using our talents and creativity – and share theses through celebrations of learning in collective worship.
- Share each other’s successes and cheer each other on! Encourage each other – Paul wrote lots of letters in the Bible to encourage faith in others.
- The Bible teaches us to care for one another and all of God’s creation, if someone is sad, we ask them what is wrong and try to make them feel better.
The atmosphere and ethos of the school reflects that it is a family, who care and believe in each other, the church and a love for learning.